Local fairs are great places for inspiration. We went yesterday and toured the amateur and professional entries in garden design. Some were amazing! We saw people and animal shapes covered completely in succulents.
One of my favorites was the red pot water fountain pictured. We could do that! We need a water feature near the street to keep the noise down at our new house. This is an easy and classy solution. And since we already have large pots that are similar, we’ll probably start there.
Besides design, there were displays on chicken coops, hydroponic gardening, bees, composting, recycling, growing edibles (a favorite here), native plants, bonsai and booths of people willing to answer questions.
Much was confirmed:
- yes, we will have a smaller hot tub at this house (though a swim tub is tempting, the size of those things!)
- yes, we will be creating multiple levels of deck, yard, garden – all the flat gardens felt boring next to the multi-level ones
- no, we won’t be incorporating old vehicles into our landscape design
- yes, we will have a strip of fake grass for the dog to use as his bathroom
And new things intrigued us:
- yes, we may try hydroponic gardening at some point
- yes, we might like to make some lip balm with the beeswax from our bees
Happy gardening, wherever you find your inspiration (and it is everywhere) ~