Oh veggies. How I have grown to love you. So versatile. So yummy. A gift from Mother Nature herself.
Even if you don’t want to eat them, (Do try roasting veggies – they all taste good roasted. Promise!) you can’t deny the inherent goodness that is in vegetables. You can use some of that goodness by slicing or mashing and placing them on your face. No other mixing or ingredients required!
EASY ONE INGREDIENT MASKS:
- Zucchini (rejuvenating): 1. Slice thinly with a veggie slicer (mandolin) in long, thin strips. 2. Cover face and neck in one layer. 3. Leave on for 20 minutes. 4. Peel off and wash face with a 1:1 milk and water mix.
- Parsley (soothing): 1. Grind one bunch of parsley with a mortar and pestle to release juices. 2. Spread paste on face and neck. 3. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. 4. Rinse off with cold water.
- Eggplant (moisturizing): 1. Slice thinly with a veggie slicer (mandolin) in long, thin strips. 2. Place strips on face and neck in one layer, avoiding eyes. 3. Cover with cheesecloth or paper towel. 4. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. 5. Peel off and wash face with lukewarm water.
- Potato (refreshing): 1. Grate one small, raw potato. 2. Cover face and neck with grated potato. 3. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. 4. Rinse face with lukewarm water.
- Tomato (exfoliating): 1. Finely dice fresh tomatoes. 2. Apply tomato puree to face and neck. 3. Leave on for 25-30 minutes. 4. Wash off with warm, then cold water.